Friday, March 12, 2010

What?? An Actual Offhand Upgrade?? For ME???

Offhand upgrades for casters are few and far between after item lvl 200 - I've yet to even see the Shriveled Heart drop in HoR on ANY toon, let alone one of my casters, and was beginning to think I'd be running around with my Handbook of Obscure Remedies (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40699) forever.

So last night the composition of guildmates on Coilfang wasn't right for ICC right at raid time, so we decided to pop in and do a quick Onyxia. Since range is at a premium, I'm asked to take my mage. Lo and behold, look what I won off of Ony: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49308.

So Ony goes down quick, and by then we've got our core raid group together and head over to ICC10, picking up from where we left off the previous night having downed Lord Marrowgar. Lady Deathwhisper is dispatched in rapid succession and check out THIS sweet drop I won on the roll-off: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50781. The succession of drops was so quick I was able to give the Cornerstone Grimoire to one of the other casters who'd been in Ony, as the group trade timer had not yet expired.

So screw HoR - I no longer have even the slightest thought of having to run it again on my mage hoping for that darned shriveled heart.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, have shriveled heart envy.. Lue has it (OF COURSE ;)), but those are some sweet OH's

    ReplyDelete