Friday, November 20, 2009

Live Long and Prosper (but please don't procreate)

In case you hadn't heard the news (check out "Ert's Corner" from the main webpage), Ertris has decided to hang up his Wow cleats at the end of January to go play Star Trek Online.

Now, since Ert is my brother, this makes complete sense - the man is the biggest Star Trek geek who ever lived. He once used Christmas Lights and lego blocks to create a mock bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise in his bedroom closet; he collected action figures, models, ANYTHING. But for those of you who don't know Ert in real life, I'll make it easier for you to understand - these are his kind of people:


2 comments:

  1. I'm still bummed :'- ( <---AJ tearing up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, I wouldn't be. I think the possibility is very high for a couple of things to happen:

    (1) Since he is jumping on the initial release of STO, he will encounter all of the bugs firsthand as the game will be in its infancy, and maybe get frustrated and come back to WoW
    (2) The gameplay engine is different from WoW - it may be an acquired taste and may chase people back to WoW.

    I've seen a lot of people leave WoW for games like Aeon and Warhammer Online, only to come back after a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete